A Commitment to Caring
Novant Health Caton Merchant House helps seniors to live as they wish—just with a little extra help. Caton Merchant House is not a nursing home or a retirement community. We offer the conveniences of home with a level of care and assistance that is suited to seniors' needs. In addition, The Assisted Living Center is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Our staff is committed to keeping residents happy and secure.
View admission forms and pricing »
- Independent living and residential living are for those needing minimal assistance
- Regular assisted care provides moderate help in daily living activities
- Professional Medical Services Office is an in-house medical office available for health screenings, physical exams and simple office procedures. A podiatrist and geriatric specialist visit monthly for the convenience of residents.
A Commitment to Freedom
Caton Merchant House operates 78 apartments with a variety of floor plans. Each apartment has a kitchenette, bath, two emergency call cords, cable hookup and telephone service. Residents are free to personalize their apartments as they wish. Each apartment offers a home-like atmosphere. It is also monitored with 24-hour security. Safety and care are our top priorities. We take pride, however, in offering our services in a calm and comfortable environment.
- Studio apartment: approximately 300 square feet and offers a great-room appeal. View floor plan (PDF) »
- Alcove apartment: approximately 400 square feet and features an L-shaped design. View floor plan (PDF) »
- One-bedroom apartment: approximately 500 square feet and provides a living area and a bedroom. View floor plan (PDF) »
- Semi-private apartment: approximately 500 square feet and is an option for those who would like to share an apartment. View floor plan (PDF) »
Caton Merchant House is a place where friendships are fostered. Our activity rooms, fireplace area, sun porches and landscaped courtyards provide a friendly setting for residents to socialize in. We offer both educational and social activities that are led by full-time recreation staff.
A Commitment to Service
Caton Merchant House offers a different way of life with the Eden Alternative Program. The principles of Eden revolve around creating opportunities for residents to live as they did when they were independent and taking care of others. Residents take part in caring for plants and gardens, assist in caring for birds living in the home, and participate in visits with children. A beautiful water garden flows in the front courtyard complete with goldfish and flowers. Through these experiences, residents find companionship and continue to learn, teach, grow and live.
As part of our continuing commitment to our residents, Caton Merchant House is happy to provide a variety of services, including:
- Three meals and snacks daily
- Local and long-distance phone service is included in price
- 24-hour nursing service
- Licensed nursing availability
- Activities seven days a week
- Utilities and cable included
- Hair salon and barber shop on premises
- Pets are welcome
- Two enclosed gardens
- 24-hour security system.
A Commitment to Value
Caton Merchant House strives to provide a quality living environment at affordable rates. Residents are surrounded by caring staff members who work to create a family atmosphere. The on-site services, flexible floor plan options and the opportunities offered in the Eden Alternative program are a wonderful value. For prices, call our Admissions Office at 703-335-8402. View admission forms and pricing »
Caton Merchant House is located on a beautifully-landscaped estate in historic Old Town Manassas, just a short distance from Washington, DC, and the surrounding metropolitan area. We encourage you to visit or call for more information. We will arrange for a guided tour and complimentary lunch. To schedule a tour, call our Admissions Office at 703-335-8402.