Novant Health Prince William Medical Center offers a comprehensive range of orthopedic services, from diagnostic testing to reconstructive surgery and rehabilitation. Our facility is well known for its quality of care, and Prince William Medical Center physicians are highly skilled at diagnosing and treating even the most complicated orthopedic disorders and injuries.
Meet our Orthopedic Specialists »
Comprehensive orthopedic services include:
- Joint replacement for knees, hips, elbows and shoulders
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Knee and shoulder surgery
- Specialized hand, wrist and elbow surgery
- Sports medicine procedures
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
Total Joint Program
Prince William Medical Center's Total Joint Program is designed to provide patients with a speedy recovery and the best possible outcome after joint replacement surgery. The success of our program can be attributed to the amount of education, quality of care and planning we provide to get you up and moving fast.
- Educational Seminars: the program offers a free, two-hour class once a month to educate patients about the joint replacement process. Professionals from each phase of treatment are there to answer your concerns. Patients who take the class almost always experience better outcomes.
- Day 1 - Surgery: patients are normally admitted to the Orthopedics Unit the morning of their joint replacement surgery. Each patient is placed in an all-private room. After surgery, our therapists get them up and moving that afternoon, depending on their condition.
- Day 2 - Therapy: the next day, patients receive a series of therapy sessions geared toward restoring their mobility and ability to perform everyday tasks. Patients are visited by both a physical therapist and occupational therapist.
- Day 3 - Release: physical therapy continues with special attention to everyday tasks, such as climbing stairs. Patients meet with their case manager to assess their home needs and normally leave the hospital by the afternoon.
Total joint patients are treated by a dedicated team who carefully plan out each aspect of care. The team meets regularly to discuss the latest evidence-based order sets—the best ways of providing care documented by research. Our compliance with these guidelines has consistently won Prince William Medical Center important certifications from The Joint Commission.
To attend a free informational class on Total Joint Replacement, call us at 703-369-8431.
Learn more about your options for achieving optimum orthopedic health with these resources:
Glossary of tests and procedures.
To find an orthopedic physician who is on Prince William Medical Center's medical staff, call our free Physician Finder service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 703-530-WELL (9355). Also, click here to view a complete list of orthopedic physicians.