Our Volunteers Are Remarkable
Novant Health Prince William Medical Center strives to provide exceptional-quality healthcare for those it serves. We are always looking for friendly, caring and enthusiastic people to join our volunteer program.
Our volunteers provide:
- Financial support to Prince William Medical Center through fundraising efforts
- Needed services to the patients and staff
- Goodwill between the community and the hospital.
Today's volunteers assist at these facilities:
- Prince William Medical Center
- Caton Merchant House assisted-living facility
- Wellness Center
- Thrift Shop in Old Town Manassas
- Heathcote Health Center
- The Cancer Center at Lake Manassas
If you are interested in learning more about our program, call 703-369-8173.
If you want to be an active volunteer, you must:
- Attend an information meeting
- Have a personal interview and reference check
- Agree to work a specific shift
- Attend hospital orientation training
- Uphold the mission of the volunteers
- Follow the Prince William Medical Center's goals and objectives.
- Make leisure time count in a purposeful and productive way
- Meet interesting people
- Participate in the educational programs of Prince William Medical Center and its volunteers
- Receive tax deductions for mileage, etc.
- Annual bazaars
- Baby photos
- Circle of Lights memorial service
- Gift Shop at Prince William Medical Center
- Jewelry sales
- Memorial fund
- Thrift Shop in Old Town Manassas.
Baby photos: take pictures of newborns.
Birthing Center: staff the Information Desk and greet visitors.
Caton Merchant House: visit residents and help with their needs under the staff's direction.
Emergency Department: staff the Information Desk and serve as liaison between the patients and their families under the direction of Emergency Department personnel.
Gift Shop: sell quality merchandise to patients, visitors and hospital personnel.
Information Desk: greet visitors, provide directions and information and deliver flowers to patients.
Pharmacy: help with clerical work and run errands under the direction of the Pharmacist.
Patient-related services: work with hospitalized patients and their families under the direction of the nursing staff.
Special services: work in various non-patient-related services such as providing clerical duties and newsletter production.
Surgical and preoperative services: serve as the liaison between patients and their families. Prepare stretchers for Operating Room and assist with patient transport.
Thrift Shop: sell donated items in the shop located at 9215 Center Street in Old Town Manassas.
Thrift Shop Hours: Monday through Friday: 10:00am to 4:00pm; Saturday: 10:00am to 2:00pm
Address: 9215 Center Street, Manassas, VA 20110
You can help us in several ways:
- Make donations: you will receive a tax deduction and help others purchase quality items at a discount.
- Make purchases: sales proceeds help Prince William Medical Center provide exceptional-quality healthcare for those served.
- Join our volunteer program: we have exceptional volunteers and are looking for community-minded volunteers to join us at the Thrift Shop.
For More Information
Interested in learning more about our exceptional volunteer program? You are invited to attend one of our monthly information meetings. That way, we can get to know you and find out your interests and you can learn about the exciting and satisfying volunteer opportunities at Prince William Medical Center.
If you decide to join us, you will be scheduled for a personal interview. We ask that our volunteers buy their uniforms, which cost approximately $25. Following your personal interview and acceptance into the program, you will receive your work schedule and orientation training. We want to ensure that your assignment is productive and a good fit.
For more information, call 703-369-8173. Click here for volunteer introduction meeting information »
We offer summer and/or year-round volunteer opportunities for our neighboring college students. Learn more about our college student volunteer program »
We also offer a volunteer program for teens age 16-18. Learn more about our teen volunteer program »